Clay Carving Tools (only if available)TripodDigital CameraBackdropLightingMasking TapeStop-Motion Software
- Set up your backdrop, tripod, camera and lighting and secure them with masking tape.
- Place the clay figures within the background and in front of the lens.
- Take 15 pictures of your scene without anything moving to establish where the action is taking place.
- Next, move the figures a tiny bit and shoot two frames with the digital camera.
- Move the figure slightly. Remember that the smaller the movement, the smoother the motion will appear.
- Shoot two frames with the digital camera.
- Repeat Step 2 moving the figure slightly each time, taking pictures, then moving the figure again as you act out the story from your storyboard.
- You should repeat this step 720 times in order to have a final animation that is 30 seconds in length.
- Import the still images into your editing software, for example, iMovie, iStopMotion, Windows Movie Maker.
- Follow the steps in your software to edit your film and add music.
- Export the film and save it.