- Crayola Acrylic Paint - 6 Count
- Crayola Paint Brushes - 5 Count
- Crayola Sketchbooks - 40 Pages - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Container Lids for Palettes
- Masking Tape
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Tape the cover of your sketchbook to a plastic placemat.
- Be sure to use one long strip of tape for each side.
- Mix a colour of acrylic paint with white.
- adding white will make the colour more opaque
- Fill the cover with the colour.
- Set it aside to dry.
- Practice drawing several different kinds of letters for your name.
- Decide which style you like the best.
- Use a pencil to draw your name on the cover.
- Make it big and bold.
- Draw a shape around it.
- Fill the page with colour and lines.
- Repeat lines and shapes to create patterns.
- Mix colours together.
- Use contrasting colours.
- When the paint is dry, gently remove the tape.