- Crayola Watercolour Paints, 8 Count
- Crayola Variety Brush Set, 5 Count
- Crayola Crayons (Regular NOT Washable), 24 Count
- Photocopies of Students
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Use a black and white photocopy of a picture of yourself on a white background.
- Use crayons to draw lots of different kinds of lines in the background of your photocopied photo.
- Use lots of different colours and fill the space.
- Press hard with the crayons.
- Leave some paper blank.
- Colour on your photo as well.
- Paint over the whole picture with watercolours.
- Choose different colours and let them blend together.
- Think about how the colours of the paint will contrast with the colours of the lines.
- View your finished work with fresh eyes.
- Think about what the different lines you drew communicate.
- What does your design say about you?
- lines with sharp peaks give a feeling of energy and being hyper
- smooth flowing lines give a feeling of calm and being comfortable
- lines with sharp angles give a feeling of excitement
- wide lines give a feeling of strength and boldness