- Crayola Broad Line Markers
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Lined Paper - 21.6 cm x 27.9 cm (8 ½" x 11")
Downstrokes are always thick.
- Practice making downstrokes.
- hold the marker at about a 45° angle from the paper
- apply pressure on the downstroke as you pull the marker towards you
- use the flat side of the marker
Upstrokes are always thin.
- Practice making upstrokes.
- you may want to rotate the marker so you are holding it in a vertical position
- press lightly on the upstroke as you push the marker away from you
- use the tip of the marker
- Practice making thick and thin strokes.
- Fill a page with:
- thick straight lines
- thin straight lines
- compound curves (combinations of thick and thin lines)
- Use the alphabet sheets to practice making letters.
- The more you practice, the better your letters will be.
- Practice joining the letters together.
- Work to keep the letters on the same angle.
- Focus on using light pressure to make thin upstrokes, and heavy pressure to make thick downstrokes.
- Write your name and other words.
- Practice, practice, practice!