- Crayola Washable Markers
- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Crayons
- Rulers - 1 per student
- Decide how long your lines will be, e.g., 13 cm.
- Use a ruler to draw line segments.
- Start at the end of the ruler at number 1.
- Stop at number 13.
- Make at least 10 lines all the same length – 13 cm.
- Let the lines cross over each other.
- Look for shapes created by the overlapping lines.
- Use construction paper crayons to colour in the shapes.
- View the work of Wassily Kandinsky.
- How is your design the same as Kandinsky's?
- How is it different?
- Look at your design with fresh eyes.
- What colour did you use the most of?
- How many different shapes did you colour?
- What do you like the best about your design? Why?
- Who would love your design? Why?
- Give your design a title.
Untitled Composition by Wassily Kandinsky, 1922, watercolour and India ink on paper, 12.4" x 14.5"