- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Washable Project Paint - 10 Count
- Crayola Variety Brush Set - 5 Count
- Variety of Leaves
- Use the magnifying glass to look closely at all the different leaves.
- Be a leaf detective!
- How many different leaves do you see?
- How are they the same?
- How are they different?
- How do they feel?
- How many veins can you feel?
- What patterns do you see?
- If we paint the leaves to make a print, what part of the leaf do you think will print the best? Why?
- Choose a leaf.
- Place it on a piece of newspaper.
- Brush paint over the whole leaf with a colour you like.
- Place the leaf, paint side down, on top of a piece of construction paper.
- Gently rub the back of the leaf to transfer the paint to the paper.
- Carefully lift the leaf off the paper.
- Repeat this process with different leaves and different colours.
- Look at your print from a distance.
- What do you see when you look at your print?
- What shapes do you see?
- What textures do you see?
- What parts stand out the most? Why?
- Who would love this print? Why?