- Crayola Regular Crayons - Not Washable
- Crayola Watercolour Paints
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Table Salt
- Green Masking Tape
- Water Containers
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Cardstock Paper - 21.25 cm x 27.5 cm (8.5" x 11") - 1 piece per student
- Fold the cardstock paper in half horizontally – short end to short end.
- Line up the corners, and make a firm crease along the fold.
- Tape the folded cardstock to a plastic placemat.
- Make sure the tape runs along the full length of each edge.
- Make sure you know where the fold is.
- Place the paper with the fold where it should be for the card to open with the picture facing up.
- Draw a design or picture on the paper.
- Use crayons to colour your picture.
- Press hard with the crayons and leave some paper blank.
- Paint over the drawing with watercolours.
- Use several colours and let them bleed into each other.
- Make sure the paint is still wet.
- Sprinkle a small amount of salt over the wet paint.
- Set the painting aside to dry.
- When the paint is dry gently brush away the salt.
- Carefully remove the tape from the edges.
- Write a message inside the card.