- Crayola Fine Line Markers - 12 Count
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Colours of the World Crayons - 24 Count
- Crayola Mini Twistables Crayons - 24 Count
- Crayola Pointed Tip Metal Scissors
- Clear Tape
- Cardstock Paper - 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm (3" x 3") - 1 per student
- Draw 4 squares on your paper.
- Make 4 different sketches of the profile of a face.
- Experiment with the size and shape of the nose and the slant of the forehead.
- Pose for each other to see what different profiles look like.
- Draw your profile on the square of heavy weight paper.
- Make sure you start at one vertex and end at the vertex beside it.
- Carefully cut out your shape.
- Translate the shape by sliding it to the opposite side of the square.
- Tape the shape to the square being sure to fit it right up against the edge of the square.
- Draw a new shape from the straight side of the square, starting at the chin.
- this will be the top of the head
- shade it so it looks different than the rest of the shape
- Carefully cut the shape out.
- Slide it across to the straight side of the square.
- Flip the shape over and tape it in place.
- Label one side of the template 'A' and the other side 'B'.
- Measure down 7.5 cm from the top of the paper.
- Start there with your first row of drawings.
- Trace the 'A' side of the template over and over again making sure each shape fits into the previous one.
- Trace the 'B' side of the template along the top and bottom of the 'A' row.
- Make sure each shape fits into the previous one.
- Fill the entire page.
- Use multicultural and twistable crayons to fill in the design.
- Blend at least 2 colours together in each space.
- Place colours so they create contrast and lead your eye through the drawing.