- Crayola Model Magic - Assorted Colours
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Broad Line Markers
- Bamboo Skewers
- Small Clay Pot - 1 per student
- Rolling Pins
- Maple Leaf Cookie Cutter and Other Shapes
- Floral Foam
- Brainstorm a web of things that make you think of Canada.
- Decide how many objects you want to use in your arrangement.
- Roll out the Model Magic to a thickness of about .75 cm.
- Cut out 2 maple leaf shapes for each single skewer you intend to use.
- Place the skewer on the centre of the maple leaf making sure it reaches the top.
- Gently press the skewer into the Model Magic.
- Place the second maple leaf on top of the first one to make a sandwich of the 2 shapes with the skewer inside.
- Gently press the two leafs together with your fingers.
- Lightly roll over the two leafs with the rolling pin.
- Place the maple leaf skewer on a flat surface and allow it to dry for 2 days.
- Repeat this process for any other shapes you intend to use.
- Create new colours of Model Magic by mixing primary colours together. For example, to make brown mix red, yellow and blue together.
- If you are using white Model Magic, you can colour it by poking a small piece of it with Crayola Original markers and gently kneading the colour into it.
- Create Model Magic symbols to represent your chosen Canadian memories.
- Stick the symbols to the maple leaf.
- You may want to add glitter glue to the finished design.
- You may want to paint the clay pot with tempera paint.
- Use scissors to cut the floral foam so it will to fit into the clay pot.
- Place the floral foam into the pot.
- Use Crayola Washable glue to fasten plant pot filler on top of the floral foam.
- Stick the skewers into the floral foam in the center of the pot.
- Be sure to push the skewers right down to the bottom of the pot.
- Place the skewers so they are balanced and lead your eye in and around the arrangement.