- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Tempera Paint
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Find a good photograph of your animal.
- Make a viewfinder to focus in on the texture of the animal.
- Cut 2 'L' shaped pieces of paper.
- Place them together to frame a section of the picture you want to focus on.
- Paper clip them in place.
- Paint the animal's skin texture on your whole paper using only black, white and grey.
- Mix black and white together to get different shades of grey.
- This will be the background for your painting.
- On a separate piece of paper paint just the animal.
- Use your photograph as a guide.
- Be sure to mix different colours to add details to your painting.
- Carefully cut out the painted animal.
- Glue it on top of the black and white background.
- View your painting with fresh eyes.
- What do you notice?
- What do you like best about your painting? Why?
- Who would really like this painting? Why?
- How does the poem you wrote connect with your painting?