- Crayola Regular Crayons - NOT Washable
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Crayola Watercolour Paints - 8 Count
- Painting Paper - 45 cm x 60 cm (18" x 24") - Cut into strips 7.6 cm x 60 cm (3" x 24") - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Divide the paper strip into 8 cm spaces.
- Draw your name on one end of the paper.
- Colour lots of different designs that represent your energy and personality along the strip of paper.
- Use your favourite colours.
- Press hard with the crayons to get lots of crayon on the paper.
- Repeat lines and patterns or use some zentangles to fill the paper.
- Wet the watercolours with a small amount of water before you begin.
- Make sure you get lots of paint on your brush and then paint over the crayon design.
- The wax and paint will not mix so your design will show through.
- This is called crayon resist technique.
- Use different colours of paint.
- Choose colours that will contrast with your crayon designs.
- Place 5 strips in a vertical position on a table.
- Weave the remaining strips over and under these five strips of paper.
- Once that is done, attach 5 more strips to the bottom of the first 5 vertical strips and continue to weave the quilt.
- The finished quilt will have 26 strips.
- Adjust your weaving depending on how many strips of paper you have.
- Play with the arrangement until you are satisfied with how it looks.