- Crayola Fabric Markers - 10 Count
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Clear Tape
- Cardstock Paper - 21.5 cm x 28 cm (8 ½ " x 11") - 1 piece per student
- Polyester Cotton Fabric - White - 15 cm x 28 cm (6" x 11") - 1 piece per student
- Colour a design using fabric markers on fabric.
- Make sure half of the design is made with warm colours and half with cool colours.
- Cut the fabric in 1½ cm (1/2") strips.
- Make a list of words that make you think of summer.
- Divide the strips in half.
- Place warm colours in one half, and cool colours in the other half.
- Use a pen to write your words across the strips of warm coloured fabric.
- Place the cool coloured strips on a plastic placemat or piece of cardboard.
- Make sure the top of each strip is at the same level.
- Leave a tiny space between each strip.
- Place tape across the top of the strips to hold them in place.
- These are the warp strips.
- Weave a warm coloured strip over and under the warp strips. This is a weft strip.
- Repeat with another strip. This time start by going under and over the warp threads.
- Keep doing this until you have used all your strips.
- Use a toothpick to apply tiny drops of Washable glue to the back of your fabric strips to hold them in place.
- Use a small amount of Washable glue to attach your weavng to heavy weight paper.
- Trim the ends of your weaving strips to suit your paper.