- Crayola Construction Paper - 20.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Construction Paper Crayons - 16 Count
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Fine Line Markers - 24 Count
- Crayola Erasable Coloured Pencils - 12 Count
- Follow the instructions on the worksheet to draw one of the quilt patterns, for example, the FLYING GEESE pattern.
- Draw with an erasable coloured pencil the same colour as your construction paper.
- Use Crayola Washable glue to draw over all the lines.
- Set the paper aside and allow the glue to dry for 3 hours.
- Use Construction Paper Crayons to colour each section of the pattern. Remember to:
- create patterns that look like fabric
- make the large triangles contrast with the small triangles so the 'geese' stand out
- make the large triangles in one quadrant darker, or different than the others
- press hard with the crayon to get deep, rich colours
- Use a fine line marker to draw short, broken lines to look like stitch marks all around the edges of the square and the triangles.
- Use a ruler to guide your hand as you draw.
- Use a fine line marker to write about the secret message in the quilt pattern. Remember to:
- draw light pencil lines to guide your printing
- check spelling and accuracy
- print neatly in pencil first, then write over it with fine line marker
- carefully erase all pencil lines