- Crayola Model Magic - Assorted Colours
- Paint Stir Stick - 1 per student
- Felt Pieces - 22.8 cm x 15.2 cm (6" x 9") - 1 per puppet
- Pipe Cleaners - 1 per puppet
- Mix Model Magic colours together to get a new colour, e.g., red + white = pink.
- Roll a ball of Model Magic about the size of a small orange.
- Wrap the Model Magic ball around one end of the stick.
- Make sure the Model Magic covers the end of the stick.
- Form the ball into a head.
MAKE AN EYE
- Roll a small ball of white Model Magic.
- Roll a smaller ball of a different colour Model Magic.
- Place the coloured Model Magic ball on top of the white ball.
- Press them together.
- Poke the centre with a pencil.
- Press the eyes onto the face of your puppet.
MAKE A MOUTH
- Take a small piece of Model Magic and squeeze it into a sausage shape.
- Use the tips of your fingers to roll the Model Magic into a thin coil.
- Press the mouth onto the face of your puppet.
- Add a nose and other details.
- Wrap a piece of felt around the stick.
- Twist a pipe cleaner around the felt close to the neck of your puppet.
- Pull it tight.
- Make 2 small balls of Model Magic for hands.
- Squeeze each ball around the ends of the pipe cleaner.
- Make sure the pipe cleaner goes all the way to the end of each Model Magic ball.
- Allow your puppet to dry for 2 days.
- Use your puppet to tell stories.