- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Crayola Fine Line Markers
- Cardstock Paper - Brights (optional)
- Cut a large circle out of 1/4 of a piece of construction paper.
- Cut a spiral into the circle.
- Let the outer edge guide you as you cut around and around until you get to the centre.
- Fold a piece of 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm construction paper in half widthwise.
- Open the paper.
- Place the spiral near the centre of the bottom half of the paper.
- Apply some glue to the back of one end of the spiral.
- Glue it in place.
- Apply glue to the front of the other end of the spiral.
- Close the paper and press it flat.
- Open the paper to see how the spiral pops up.
- Make 2 more spirals each a different width than the others.
- Use simple shapes and contrasting colours of construction paper to add details to the scene.
- Glue them to the spirals and the background paper.
- Open and close the card to see how the scene pops up.
- Write a concise statement somewhere on the scene.