- Crayola Crayons - Regular NOT Washable - 24 Count
- Crayola Watercolour Paints - 8 Count
- Crayola Paintbrushes - 5 Count
- Crayola Scissors
- Paper Plates - White - 1½ per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Sewing Bodkins
- Hole Punch
- Mark the centre of the plate.
- Draw a straight line through it from one side of the plate to the other to divide the plate in half.
- Cut along the line to cut the plate in half.
- Measure 2 cm spaces around the outer edge of 1 full plate and 1 half plate.
- Use a hole punch to make holes at each mark.
- Use crayons to colour a design on the back of the half plate.
- Press hard to get lots of colour on the cardboard surface.
- Use watercolours to paint over the full plate and right over the 1/2 plate crayon design.
- The crayon will not mix with the paint and your picture will show through it.
- This is called crayon resist technique.
- Place the 1/2 plate on top of the whole plate to form a pocket.
- Paper clip the 2 pieces in place.
- Use a bodkin and yarn to sew the two pieces together.
- Make a loop of yarn at the top so you can hang it up.
- Snail mail is coming your way!