- Crayola Acrylic Paint - 6 Count
- Crayola Paintbrushes - 4 Count
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Erasable Coloured Pencils - 12 Count
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Scissors
- Paper Plates for Palettes
- Masking Tape
- Hard Cover Sketchbook - 1 per student
- Tissue Paper
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Recycled Magazines
- Make some preliminary sketches of ideas for your book cover.
- Have some fun with your design.
- Choose the idea you like the best.
- Gather supplies needed.
- Put one layer of masking tape on the front cover of your book.
- Start creating your image by scrunching up balls of masking tape and sticking them onto the cover.
- Continue adding masking tape details until you are satisfied with your creation.
- Cut tissue paper into small - about 5 cm x 5 cm (2" x 2") squares.
- Glue the tissue paper squares to the cover with Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue.
- Apply glue to both sides of the paper.
- Glue 3 layers of tissue paper squares over the entire book cover.
- Create additional detail pieces to add to your book cover.
- Use masking tape to form the pieces, and then glue 3 layers of tissue paper over them.
- Allow everything to dry overnight.
- Paint the book cover and any extra detail pieces with Crayola acrylic paint.
- Mix colours on a paper plate.
- Once the paint is dry use Crayola washable No-Run School Glue to attach the detail pieces.
- Cut out words and quotes that reflect something about you from recycled magazines.
- Glue them to your book cover so they become part of the overall design.