- Crayola Acrylic Paint - 6 Count
- Crayola Paint Brush Set - 5 Count
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Fine Line Markers - 12 Count
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Bristol Board - 6.4 cm x 8.9 cm (2 ½" x 3 ½") - 4 per student
- Write the design vocabulary across the top of your paper.
- These are the elements you can combine to make lots of different patterns.
- Get creative and see what patterns you can make using different combinations of:
- right angles
- Fill the page with your designs.
- You will be creating 4 different cards using a different way to organize the space in each one.
- Begin by organizing the space on one card by repeating horizontal bands of colour.
- Vary the thickness and colours of each band.
- Set this card aside to dry.
- Continue preparing each of the other cards. Organize the space on these cards in the following way:
- repeat concentric circles
- repeat blocks of colour
- repeat parts of s-curves
- Remember to vary the colours and sizes of these shapes.
- Paint patterns on top of the prepared compositions.
- Vary the elements as you fill the space.
- When you have completed all four cards, place them beside each other and compare them.
- How does the organization of space affect the work?
- How are the designs the same?
- How are the designs different?
- Which card do you prefer? Why?