- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Washable No-Run Glue
- Tissue Paper
- Recycled Containers - 1 per student
- Variety of Decorative Items
- Mini Pom-Poms
- Paper Streamers
- Various Dried Grains
- Small Sponges
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Plastic Lids for Palettes
- Collect a variety of recycled containers such as,
- baby food jars
- yogurt drink containers
- water bottles
- candy tubes
- Make sure there are enough for each child to have one.
- Gather materials to put inside the containers to be able to make a variety of sounds, e.g.,
- kidney beans
- Choose a container and material to put into it.
- Test the sound your container makes once the material is inside.
- add more or remove some to see how this affects the sound
- Once you are satisfied put the top back on the container.
- Make sure it is on nice and tight.
- Cut up small squares of tissue paper.
- Place some white glue in a container.
- Paint your container with glue and place a piece of the square tissue paper on top of the glue.
- Paint glue on top of the tissue paper too.
- Cover the whole container with 3 layers of tissue paper and glue.
- Set your container aside to dry overnight.
- Paint your container using a variety of colours and materials to create different textures, patterns and shapes, e.g.,
- sea sponges
- texture stamps
- a variety of paint brushes
- Use lots of materials to decorate your musical shaker.
- Allow the shaker to dry overnight.
- Use your shaker to create different rhythms and beats.