- Crayola Giant Construction Paper - 30 cm x 45 cm (12" x 18") - 1 piece per student
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Washable Glue Sticks
- Clear Tape
- Paper Clips - about 5 per student
- Follow the instructions to accordion fold the paper.
- Cut out a template.
- Place the open edge of the folded paper to the right.
- Place the template on the folded paper with the arms facing to the right and the head at the top.
- Use paper clips to hold the template in place.
- Trace around the outer edges of the template.
- Paper clip the folded paper together.
- Hold the paper firmly.
- Cut around the outline of theperson.
- Do NOT cut along the folds.
- Do NOT cut along the bottom.
- Open the folded paper.
- Use markers and construction paper to dress the people according to the season.
- Is it hot, warm, cool or cold?
- How do your clothes change in each season?
- What details do you see on different pieces of clothing?
- Add details to bring the people to life.
- Write 2 things about each season to show how they change.
- How much sunlight is there?
- How does the temperature change?
- What is the weather like?
- Add details at the bottom of each section to show seasonal changes.
- What does the ground look like?
- Are there animals around?
- What happens to plants?
- Choose a colour of construction paper that contrasts with the colours in your folded paper.
- Glue your finished paper to the construction paper.
- Accordion fold the pages of your book.
- Fold it into a polyhedron and tape it in place.