- Crayola Fine Line Markers - Black
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Drinking Straws
- Masking Tape
- Use a pencil to sketch your head, neck and shoulders.
- Draw the details of your face to show the expression you want your portrait to have.
- Outline your drawing with a black fine line marker.
- Use crayons to colour your portrait.
- Place a piece of white paper (scrap or recycled) on top of your portrait.
- Trace the head only.
- Cut out the shape.
- Place it on top of your drawing so it covers the head.
- Roll a small piece of masking tape into a loop with the sticky side facing out.
- Place it on the back of the shape to help hold it in place.
- Cover your table with newspaper.
- Use paint and straws to blow the paint onto the drawing.
- Make sure you blow not suck the paint.
- spoon a small amount of paint onto the cover paper where you want the hair to be
- point the straw in the direction you want the paint to go
- blow the paint with one big breath
- keep blowing and adding more paint until you are satisfied with how it looks
- remember to choose colours that express your feelings
- Carefully remove the paper shape from your drawing.
- Allow the paint to dry overnight.