- Crayola Oil Pastels - 16 Count
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Bristol Board - 50.8 cm x 76.2 cm (20" x 30") - 1 per student
- Measure and cut out a piece of Bristol board 30.5 cm x 40.6 cm.
- Draw an X from one corner to the other.
- Fold all 4 sides of the Bristol board into the centre of the X.
- Make sure the outer edge of the Bristol board lines up with the centre of the X.
- Make sure you fold all 4 sides into the X.
- Unfold the Bristol board.
- Place it in the portrait (vertical) position.
- Mark a dot and small, vertical arrow at the intersection of each of the folds in the 4 corners.
- Make sure the arrows are facing each other.
- Cut along each crease in the direction of the arrow and stop at each dot.
- There should be 4 cuts.
- Put lots of Washable glue all over the back of one of the corner rectangles.
- Fold the side of the Bristol board up so it is at right angles to the middle of the Bristol board.
- Tuck the corner rectangle in so the bottom is lined up with the fold of the middle rectangle.
- Glue the corner rectangle to the middle rectangle.
- Repeat with the other corner rectangle to make the end of the box.
- Fold the top edge over.
- Place large paper clips along the flaps to hold the paper in place until the glue dries.
- Repeat these steps for the other end of the box.
- Measure and cut out 2 pieces of Bristol board 15 cm x 16.5 cm.
- Place one piece on the desk with the 16.5 cm side at the top.
- Measure 1.5 cm intervals from one side to the other, parallel and close to the bottom of the paper.
- Measure matching 1.5 cm intervals along the top of the paper.
- Draw a straight line to connect every other dot.
- Repeat step 7 on the back of the paper.
- This time start with the opposite dot and draw a straight line to connect every other dot.
- On each side use the tip of a scissors to lightly score along the lines.
- Repeat this process with the other piece of Bristol board.
- Accordion fold the Bristol board on the scored lines.
- Use a marker to draw an outline around the foreground of the painting.
- Use oil pastels to draw this section of the painting on a 15 cm x 19 cm piece of cardstock paper.
- Cut out the foreground, and repeat this process for each section of the painting.
- middle ground
- Make sure you colour each section all the way down to the bottom of your paper.
- Glue the accordion papers into each side of the box.
- Glue the sky portion of your painting to the back of the box.
- Glue the background section to the accordion fold at the back.
- Glue the rest of the layers into the box, attaching them to a fold on the side.
- Measure and cut 2 pieces of Bristol board 15 cm x 27.7 cm.
- Place 1 piece on the desk with the 27.7 cm side at the top.
- Measure and draw a line 7.5 cm in from the short side.
- Score and fold along this line.
- Repeat this process for the other piece of paper.
- These will be the covers.
- Glue information about the artist and the painting on the covers.
- Glue the covers to the outside of the box.