- Crayola Washable Watercolour Paints - 24 Count
- Crayola Watercolour Pencils - 12 Count
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Round Brush Set - 4 Count
- Crayola 12 Count Bulk Crayons - White
- Masking Tape - Green
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Table Salt
- Paper Towels
- Carefully tape a piece of watercolour paper to a plastic placemat.
- Be sure tape all 4 sides of the paper.
- Use a regular white crayon (NOT washable) to draw your name on the paper.
- Press hard, and make your name large so it stands out.
- Fill the rest of the paper with an abstract design using shapes and lines.
- Before starting to paint drop a small amount of water into each colour you plan to use.
- Use a spray bottle or damp sponge to wet the whole paper.
- Paint over the whole paper.
- Choose several colours and let them bleed into each other.
- Sprinkle some salt on one section of the paper while the paint is still wet.
- Set the paper aside to dry.
- Choose a watercolour pencil and draw around one of the letters in your name.
- Dip your paintbrush into a container of clean water.
- Squeeze off any extra water.
- Paint the water over the areas you just coloured with watercolour pencil.
- Continue to add more colours and designs with watercolour pencil as you work your way through the painting.
- Add water to turn the watercolour pencil into paint.
- From time to time view the painting from a distance to see how your eye moves through the composition.