- Crayola Broad Line Markers - 10 Count
- Crayola Fine Line Markers - 12 Count
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Regular Crayons - 24 Count
- Overhead Transparency - 14 cm x 21.6 cm (5 ½" x 8 ½") - 1 per student
- Masking Tape
- Water Containers
- Small Pieces of Sponge - about 3 cm x 3 cm (1 ½" x1 ½ ") - 1 per student
- Paper Towels
- Roll a piece of masking tape with the sticky side facing out to make a loop.
- Use the loops to fasten the plastic transparency to the paper.
- Make sure the tape is on the back of the transparency.
- Use crayons to colour a scene or design on the outside edges of the paper.
- Press hard with the crayon.
- Leave some paper white.
- Colour a patch of marker ink on the edge of the plastic transparency.
- Make sure the ink stays on the transparency.
- Dip a small piece of sponge into the water.
- Squeeze some of the water out of the sponge.
- Drag the wet sponge through the marker ink and onto the crayon design.
- Continue in this way until the outer frame is complete.
- You have made a stencil print.
- Gently remove the plastic transparency from the paper.
- Use a ruler to measure and mark 1 cm spaces down both ends of the blank shape.
- Use a fine line marker to connect the marks with lines for your writing.
- Use a marker to make a border pattern inside the blank shape.
- Fill your decorated page with some wonderful writing.