- Plastic Placemat
- Paper Towels
- Crayola® Air Dry Clay 1.13 kg white
- Roll a small ball of clay about the size of a clementine orange.
- Hold the ball in one hand.
- Slowly push your thumb into the centre of the clay.
- Gently pinch the clay between your thumb on the inside, and your fingers on the outside while slowly turning the ball of clay in your hand.
- Apply even pressure as you turn the clay.
- Check to see that the clay is the same thickness on the walls and rim of the pot.
- Gently tap the pot on the table to make a flat base.
DECORATE THE POT
- Make some SLIP by mixing some clay with water until it is like a creamy milkshake.
- Place a small piece of clay into a garlic press and squeeze it out.
- Use the clay strings to decorate your pinch pot.
- Use a toothbrush to make some scratch marks where you want to add clay.
- This is called SCORING the clay.
- Use the toothbrush or your fingers to add some slip to the score marks.
- Place the clay string on top of the scored clay.
- Gently press it into the clay.
- Be sure it is securely fastened.
- Continue in this way until you are satisfied with your design.
- Allow the pinch pot to dry for about 5 days.
- Your pot is ready to be painted.