- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Fine Line Markers
- Crayola Twistables Coloured Pencils - 24 Count
- Cardstock Paper - 10.8 cm x 28 cm (4 ¼" x 11") - 1 per student
- Choose the character you want to use to represent the book.
- Draw the head and shoulders of the character at the top of the paper.
- Use coloured pencils to colour the drawing.
- Add details and pattern.
- Add the following to the bottom half of the paper:
- TITLE of the book
- Outline everything in marker.
- Cut out around the shoulders and head at the top of the paper.
- Turn the paper over.
- Draw the back of the head and shoulders on the back of the paper
- Make sure they line up with the front.
- You may want to place the paper on a window or blank computer screen to see the outline of the front.
- Mark 1 cm spaces with dots down both sides of the lower half of the paper.
- Draw lines across the paper to connect the dots.
- Write a summary of the story in a way that helps people decide whether or not they want to read it.
- Be sure the information is accurate and interesting on both sides of the book remark.
- Display the book remark beside the book.