- Crayola Fine Line Markers, 24 Count
- Crayola Mini Twistable Crayons, 24 Count
- Crayola Washable Glue Sticks
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper, 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Recycled Magazines
- Draw a border the width of a ruler around your paper.
- Print a copy of the picture of your animal.
- Cut out the head and part of the shoulders.
- Place it so that a small part goes over the edge of the frame.
- Make sure there is enough room to draw the rest of the animal inside the frame.
- Use a fine line marker to draw the rest of the animal.
- Add details in the negative space that connect with your animal in some way.
- Repeat lines and shapes to create a variety of patterns.
- Find letters in magazines to spell out the name of your animal, and the key words for the moral of the story.
- Place the letters to see how they fit.
- Check to be sure you have the correct spelling.
- Use Twistables crayons to colour the background.
- Blend some of the colours using at least 2 different colours together in the same space.
- Use black fine line marker to fill the body of your animal with patterns.
- Carefully glue the letters in place.