- Crayola Fabric Markers - 10 Count
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Polyester Fabric - 25 cm x 25 cm (10" x 10") - 1 piece per student
- Ribbon or Yarn
- Masking Tape
- Bamboo Skewers
- Plain Newsprint Paper
- Make a plan drawing on paper the size of the fabric.
- Press hard with the pencil so it will show through the fabric, or outline the drawing with a fine line black marker.
- Tape the drawing to a piece of Bristol board.
- Place the fabric on top of the drawing.
- Tape all 4 sides of the fabric to the Bristol board.
- Make sure it is tight and smooth.
- Use fabric markers and fabric crayons to colour your design directly on the fabric.
- Remove all the tape when you have finished colouring.
- Place the fabric face up on a pile of newsprint paper.
- Place a piece of blank newsprint on top of the fabric.
- Set the iron to 'cotton'.
- Slowly iron over the paper for about 30 seconds.
- Remove the paper.
- Fold the side and bottom edges under.
- Use a glue stick to glue them in place.
- Fold the top edge under.
- Place a bamboo skewer under the fold.
- Glue it in place.
- Add glitter glue and a ribbon.