- Crayola Sketchbooks - 1 per student
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Watercolour Pencils - 12 Count
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Masking Tape
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Towles
- Pencil Sharpeners
- Make 4 thumbnail sketches of different ideas for your scene.
- Choose the idea you like the best.
- Tape a piece of watercolour paper to a plastic placemat.
- Be sure to use one long strip of tape for each side.
- Lightly draw your scene on the paper.
- Begin by colouring everything in with watercolour pencil.
- Paint small amounts of water into each section.
- Use a variety of techniques to add detail and texture to your painting, for example:
- drawing with wet pencil
- painting water so colour goes from dark to light
- painting wet colour over dry
- When you are satisfied with your work, gently remove the tape from the paper.
- View your picture with fresh eyes.
- How can you tell it is a rural Scene?
- How does it make you feel?
- What do you see that makes you say that?
- What do you like the best about your painting? Why?