- Crayola Metallic Coloured Pencils - 8 Count
- Crayola Black Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Twistables Coloured Pencils - 24 Count
- Use a white coloured pencil to draw a square about 18 cm x 18 cm.
- Mark spaces of 1.5 cm on opposite sides of the square.
- Draw a straight line from the centre of the top of the square to the opposite side.
- Mark spaces of about 2 cm on the centre line.
- Start at the centre of the top of the square.
- Mark spaces that gradually get further apart as they move to the outer edge of the square.
- Repeat the same spaces on the bottom of the square.
- Draw straight, vertical lines from each mark on the top of the square to the mark directly opposite it on the bottom of the square.
- Mark a line ‘a' about 4 spaces left of the centre.
- Mark a matching line ‘b’ on the right of the centre.
- Mark spaces on the 'a' and 'b' lines to match the spaces on the sides of the square.
- Draw horizontal lines across the square to connect the marks on either side.
- When you get to the ‘a’ line change the angle and draw a diagonal line down to the mark one space LOWER on the centre line.
- When you get to the centre line change the angle again and draw a diagonal line up to the mark one space ABOVE the centre line.
- Colour alternating rectangles using one metallic colour.
- Place a ruler along the edge of a rectangle and colour against it to get a clean line.
- You may want to draw a small design in each black space using a different metallic colour.