- Crayola Acrylic Paint
- Crayola Washable Watercolour Paints
- Crayola Washable Glitter Project paint
- Crayola Washable Project Paint
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Crayola No-Run School Glue
- Bristol Board - 15.2 cm x 30.5 cm (6" x 12") - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Plates or Plastic Lids for Palettes - 1 per student
- Paper Towels
- Masking Tape
- Stick small, torn pieces of masking tape to a 15.2 cm x 30.5 cm piece of Bristol board.
- Overlap the pieces and change directions to create a random pattern.
- Make sure all the edges of the tape are flat and firmly attached to the surface of the Bristol board.
- Divide the width of the Bristol board into 6 fairly equal sections.
- Choose two colours of acrylic paint – one light and one dark.
- Paint sections 2 and 3 of the taped Bristol board with the light colour.
- Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Paint a darker colour over the light colour in section 3.
- Use very little paint.
- Dry brush it into the cracks made by the masking tape.
- Use watercolour paint to fill in section 4.
- Notice the difference.
- Paint section 5 with glitter paint.
- Use washable tempera paint to cover section 6.
- Coat the bottom half of the paper with Crayola Washable Glue.
- Just pour a little glue directly onto the surface and spread it with a paint brush.
- Set the paper aside to dry.
- When the glue is dry label each section.
- Use this sampler to help you decide what kind of finish you want to use on a project.