- Crayola Watercolour Pencils
- Crayola Fine Line Markers
- Crayola Painting Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Small Clip-On Lights
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Masking Tape
- Find an object that appeals to you.
- Place it at one edge of the paper.
- Arrange the light so the object casts a shadow on the paper.
- Play with the angles to get a good shadow.
- Draw an outline of the shadow.
- View the drawing from all directions.
- What do you see?
- What could it be?
- Choose the view you like the best.
- Add details and erase areas you do not want.
- Choose how you want to add colour, e.g., watercolour pencils, markers, coloured pencils, crayons, etc.
- Add details and patterns.
- Combine mediums, e.g., watercolour pencils and fine line markers.