- Crayola Oil Pastels
- Crayola Permanent Markers
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper
- Crayola Washable School Glue
- Crayola Glitter Glue (optional)
- Clear Acetate - 11 cm x 13.5 cm (4.25" x 5.5")
- Clear Plastic Corner Stickers - 4 per student (optional)
BEFORE YOU BEGIN – test the acetate. Make a mark on each side with an oil pastel and choose the side that works best. Simply rub off the oil pastel marks with a paper towel once you have completed this test.
- Draw a rectangle the same size as the transparency on a piece of drawing paper.
- Draw your picture inside the rectangle.
- Place the overhead transparency on top of the drawing.
- Trace the drawing onto the acetate with a Crayola permanent marker.
- Draw directly on the acetate with the oil pastel and do not outline with marker first.
- Place the drawing on the desk, marker side up.
- Colour the drawing with oil pastels.
- Blend colours.
- From time to time clean the tips of the oil pastels with a small piece of paper towel.
- Place the picture, oil pastel side down, on different colours of construction paper until you find the colour that looks best.
- Fold the construction paper in half short end to short end.
- Use small drops of white glue or clear photo corners to attach the picture to the paper.
- Your picture will be reversed.
- Write a message inside the card.