- Bamboo Skewers
- Masking Tape
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Glue
- Crayola Tempera Paint
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Crayola Modeling Clay - A Variety of Colours
- Cut a piece of paper towel roll about 4.5 cm long.
- Press thin layers of modeling clay onto the surface of the cardboard tube.
- Blend colours together to make special effects.
- Leave spaces on opposite sides of the cylinder for the craft sticks.
- Use a bamboo skewer to make texture lines around the bricks.
- Punch a small hole in the end of 2 craft sticks.
- Glue the craft sticks to opposite sides of the well.
- Paint the inside of the cylinder a dark colour.
- Cut a bamboo skewer into smaller pieces to make an axle and crank.
- axle about 9 cm long
- crank 2 pieces - one about 5 cm and the other about 2.5 cm long
- Apply a small drop of glue to attach the pieces as shown.
- Hold the parts in place with small elastics.
- Use masking tape wrapped around a small cylinder of cardboard to make a tiny pail.
- Add a handle with a piece of pipe cleaner.
- Attach a length of string about 17 cm long to the handle of the pail.
- Insert the axle through the holes in the craft sticks.
- Tie the string around the axle.
- Turn the crank to test the simple machine.
- Cut a piece of paper towel roll to make the roof of the well.
- Press thin layers of modeling clay onto the carboard.
- Use a bamboo skewer to create texture.
- Use small drops of glue to attach the roof to the craft sticks.
- Try cranking the pail up and down.
- Use the well and other props to help tell your story.