- Crayola Markers
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Green Masking Tape
- Small Pieces of Sponge - about 3 cm x 3 cm (1.25" x 1.25") - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Plastic Container Lids for Palettes - 1 per student
- Stick tape on the paper to show the shape of the sidewalk or path you take when you go for a walk around your neighbourhood.
- Draw marker on a plastic lid.
- Dip a small piece of sponge into water.
- Squeeze most of the water out of the sponge.
- Pick up the marker ink with the damp sponge.
- Dab colour onto the paper.
- Carefully remove the masking tape.
- Cut house shapes out of construction paper.
- Cut other objects out of construction paper.
- Glue the shapes where they should go.
- Use a marker to draw details on the shapes.
- Draw yourself.
- Draw arrows to show the path you take.
- Glue your map to a bigger piece of paper.
- Add a legend, compass rose and title.