- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Variety Brush Set - 5 Count
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Small Pencil Sharpeners
- Green Masking Tape
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Tape the paper to a placemat.
- Make sure the edges are even and the paper is smooth.
- Lightly draw your picture on the paper using regular pencil.
- Colour a patch of watercolour pencil on a spare piece of paper.
- Paint into the patch with a wet paintbrush to pick up the pigment.
- Use it to paint directly on the paper.
- To make the colours stronger first colour with the watercolour pencil directly on the paper, and then paint water into it.
- Explore ideas in your sketchbook before using them on your painting.
- Dip a watercolour pencil into the water.
- Draw directly on the paper with the pencil while it is still wet.
- Create patterns in each space by repeating lines and shapes.
- Test your patterns on a spare piece of paper before applying them to your painting.
- Use a variety of colours and lines.
- Make each section different.
- When you are satisfied with your painting, gently remove the tape.
- Place the damp painting under some heavy books to flatten it if necessary.