- Crayola Coloured Chalka
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Soft Paintbrushes
- Table Salt
- Copy Paper - 21.6 cm x 27.9 cm (8 ½" x 11")
- Draw the outline of the hieroglyph on the construction paper.
- make it almost as tall as the paper
- Draw the alphabet letter it represents in one corner of the paper.
- Fold a piece of copy paper in half short end to short end.
- Open the paper and place it on the tablewith the crease facing down.
- Pour a small mound of salt onto the paper.
- Slowly rub coloured chalk into the salt.
- Add more salt until you have about 2 tablespoons of coloured salt.
- Use washable glue to outline the drawing.
- Draw directly with the glue.
- Fill in the alphabet letter with glue.
- Fold the paper with the coloured salt in half.
- Gently sprinkle the coloured salt over the wet glue.
- Make sure to cover all the glue.
- Gently shake the coloured salt off the construction paper and onto the salt paper.
- Make sure you do not touch the glue lines.
- Repeat this process until all the glue is covered with coloured salt.
- Set the drawing aside to dry overnight.
- Use a soft paintbrush to gently remove the chalk dust from the paper.
- Trim the paper to clean up the edges.