- Crayola Modeling Clay - Variety of Colours
- Canvas Boards - 12.7 cm x 17.7 cm (5" x 7") - 1 per student
- Toothpicks and Bamboo Skewers
- Various Modeling Tools (optional)
- Refer to your source image.
- Outline the main part of your painting on the canvas board.
- Pay careful attention to the division of space and overall composition.
- Use modeling clay to recreate the painting.
- Blend colours to match the colours in the painting.
- Press thin layers of modeling clay onto the canvas board.
- Pay close attention to the way one colour meets another.
- crisp, hard edges
- blurred, soft edges
- View your work from a distance to see it with fresh eyes.
- Compare it with your source image and make any changes you might need.