- Crayola Modeling Clay - Multiple Colours
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Crayola Scissors
- Bristol Board or Cardstock Paper - 13.9 cm x 21.6 cm (5.5" x 8.5")
- Start by making a rough sketch of your character.
- Draw a good copy of your character on a piece of Bristol board.
- Make the drawing from 10 cm (4") to 15 cm (6") tall.
- Decide which parts you want to have move, for example, the head and arms.
- Cut out the body so the moveable parts are separate pieces.
- Glue small extensions of Bristol board long enough to tuck under the main body to the ends of the moveable pieces.
- Press a thin layer of modeling clay onto the surface of the Bristol board.
- Blend two colours or more together to get new colours.
- Use a pencil or toothpick to create texture.
- Cover the entire surface of the Bristol board, including the extensions with modeling clay.