- Crayola Oil Pastels - 16 Count
- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Artist Proof from a previous lesson (optional)
- Use one of your artist proof prints from the A World Withoutprintmaking unit.
- OR work from a photograph to draw the animal.
- Imagine the setting for your drawing.
- Include a crowd of people in the scene.
- Add details in the foreground, middle ground and background.
- Remember to make people in the crowd get gradually smaller the further back they go.
- Blend light and dark colours to give the illusion of depth.
- Make sure you imagine the light coming from the same direction as you add highlights.
- Decide if you want to add details using construction paper.
- In this picture construction paper was used to show steps in the background.
- Apply colour in a variety of ways.
- Look at the finished drawing from a bit of a distance to see it with fresh eyes.
- Is the anything you want to change?
- In this picture the construction paper details don't seem to work with the rest of the drawing.
- Removing the paper and colouring the steps using oil pastel was a good choice.
- Remember that it is okay to change things until you are happy with the final work.