- Crayola Black Construction Paper 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x12")
- Crayola Construction Paper Crayons - 16 Count
- Crayola Glue Sticks
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Printing Plate - from a previous lesson
- Copy Paper
- Soft Tissue
- Googly Eyes (optional)
- Place the printing plate shape on a piece of copy paper.
- Move it around until you have the perfect spot to begin your composition.
- Draw the dreamscape around your shape.
- This is your rough drawing.
- Draw the dreamscape using Crayola No-Run Glue.
- Use the rough drawing as a guide.
- Don't worry if your glue drawing changes a little.
- Do not outline the printing plate shape with glue.
- Allow the glue to dry overnight.
- Cover the back of the printing plate shape with glue stick.
- Make sure you put lots of glue over the whole surface.
- Press the shape into place and carefully apply pressure to the outer edges.
- Turn the paper over and apply pressure to the entire surface of the shape.
- Colour inside the shapes using Crayola Construction Paper Crayons.
- Decide if you want to colour the printing plate shape too.
- Try blending colours, for example,
- Use a light colour and a darker colour.
- First colour in the entire shape with the light colour.
- Then colour some of the darker colour over the light colour.
- Press hard to lay down lots of crayon.
- Lightly polish the drawing using a soft tissue.
- The crayon will become smooth and shiny.
- Add a googly eye if you need one.
- Give your drawing a title, e.g., this drawing is titled, 'I Dreamed I Went To Candy Land'.