- Crayola 12 Count Bulk Crayons - Black
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Watercolour Pencils - 12 Count
- Crayola Variety Brush Set - 5 Count
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Small Pencil Sharpeners
- Green Masking Tape
- Plastic Placemats - 1 per student
- Unwrap a crayon and break it into a piece about 2.5 cm long.
- Place the broken piece of crayon on your paper at a 45º angle.
- Draw the letter keeping the crayon at a 45º angle.
- Make the letter large enough to fit the page.
- Practice drawing the letter until you get one that looks good to you.
- Place a new piece of paper over the letter.
- Use a pencil to trace the outline of the letter.
- Draw your design into the letter.
- This is your rough copy, remember to include:
- symbols that are personally meaningful to you
- a Celtic knot somewhere in the design
- Trace the design lightly on a new piece of paper. This is your good copy.
- keep the paper clean and without finger smudges
- do not use an eraser on the good copy
- Tape the drawing to a placemat.
- Make sure the tape is straighht and runs parallel to the outside edges of the paper.
- Make sure the paper is flat and smooth.
- Use a variety of watercolour pencil techniques to colour the design.
- Carefully remove the tape when your painting is dry.