- Crayola Modeling Clay
- Plastic Placemats
- Various Clay Tools
- Paper strips - 7 cm x 10 cm (3" x 4") - 1 per student
- Use the 10 cm (4 in) measuring strip to make sure your figure will be the correct size.
- Choose the colour of modeling clay you want to use for the legs.
- Decide how long you want the legs to be.
- Roll out a short, thick coil.
- Tap the ends onto the placemat to make them flat and smooth.
- Roll 2 small cylinders for the legs.
- Make sure the legs are the same size.
- Continue to roll cylinders for the rest of the body.
- Remember to use the measuring strip so your figure will be the right size for stop motion filming.
- Carefully blend the edges of the clay together to join the pieces.
- Test to see if your figure can stand on its own.
- Add details to make your character special.