- Crayola Construction Paper Cayons
- Crayola Construction Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Make a rough sketch of your Canadian symbol.
- Break the background into different shapes.
- Use the sketch as a guide.
- Draw your symbol on a piece of dark construction paper using washable glue.
- Set the glue drawing aside to dry overnight. The glue will dry clear so the lines will be the colour of the paper you use.
- Use Crayola construction paper crayons to colour the glue drawing.
- Press hard with the crayons to get lots of contrast.
- In each section blend at least two colours together by colouring one over the other.
- Rub the crayon softly with your fingers to make it shine.
- Share your finished drawing with your peers.
- Explain why it is a cultural symbol of Canada and why you chose it.