- Crayola Model Magic - Assorted Colours
- Crayola Paint Brushes - 5 Count
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Glitter Glue
- Crayola Project Paint - 10 Count
- Tree Branches or Dowels
- Paper Towels
- Rolling Pins
- Water Containers
- Bamboo Skewers
- Brainstorm a web of things that make you think of Canada.
- Roll out the Model Magic to a thickness of about .75 cm.
- Cut out 3 maple leaf shapes.
- Use a bamboo skewer to poke a small hole at the top of each maple leaf.
- Create new colours of Model Magic by mixing primary colours together.
- If you are using white Model Magic, you can colour it by poking a small piece of it with Crayola Original markers and gently kneading the colour into it.
- Create Model Magic symbols to represent what Canada means to you.
- Stick a different symbol on each maple leaf.
- You may want to add glitter glue to the finished design.
- Set the finished shapes aside to dry for 2 days.
- Use tempera paint to decorate your stick with different colours and patterns.
- Once the Model Magic is dry tie the shapes to the stick.
- Hold the mobile in the air to see if it is balanced.
- Adjust the placement of the shapes if you need to balance the mobile.