- Crayola Oil Pastels - 16 Count
- Crayola Marker & Watercolour Paper - 22.9 cm x 30.5 cm (9" x 12")
- Crayola Coloured Pencils - 12 Count
- Crayola Watercolour Paint - 8 Count
- Crayola Paint Brushes - 5 Count
- Variety of Fresh Flowers
- Mirror Plate
- Paint Chips
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Look closely at all the things on the flower centre table.
- What colours do you see?
- What kinds of flowers do you see?
- What materials would you like to work with?
- Look closely at the flowers.
- Be a flower detective!
- What do you notice about the colours?
- What shapes do you see?
- What colours will you use to draw the flowers?
- How can you show 2 different shades of green in the stems of your flowers?
- How can you show the different textures?
- Remember to keep looking at the flowers as you draw.
- Use watercolours to paint over your drawing. Think about:
- What will happen if you paint over your drawing?
- What colours of paint will you use? Why?
- What will happen if you paint over the oil pastel?
- What will happen if you paint one colour over another colour of paint?
- Set your picture aside so it can dry.
- Look at your picture with fresh eyes.
- What happened when paint colours overlapped each other? Why?
- What happened when the paint went over the oil pastel? Why?
- Which flowers do you like the best? Why?
- Who would love this picture? Why?