- Crayola Washable Glue Sticks
- Crayola Variety Brush Set - 5 Count
- Crayola Washable No-Run School Glue
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Project Paint
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Paper Plates - 1 per student
- Small Sponges - 3 cm x 3 cm (1" x 1") - 1 per student
- Water Containers
- Paper Towels
- Hole Punch
- Fold a paper plate in half.
- Use a small sponge to paint the paper plate.
- Use more than one colour.
- Notice how the sponge makes different textures.
- Choose 2 strips of coloured construction paper for the legs.
- Accordion fold the paper to make the legs bouncy.
- Make a tracer for the feet.
- Use the tracer to trace 2 feet on a piece of coloured paper.
- Cut a space about 1 cm (1/2") around the traced foot. This makes it easier to hold when you are cutting on the line.
- Cut out the two feet.
- Glue feet and legs together.
- Add other decorations to the bird to show eyes or feathers
- Punch a hole in the middle of the folded plate
- Add a string.
- Hang your bird.