- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Construction Paper
- Mason Jars
- Sponge Tip Brush
- Parchment Paper
- Twine or Ribbon
- Disposable Plate
- Clear Tape
- Battery-Operated String Lights
CIY Staff Tips:
- For extra sparkle, use Washable Glitter or Metallic Paint.
- You can also fill the mason jar with other items, including your favorite sweet treats or Valentine's Day messages!
- If your parchment paper starts to curl at the edges, tape the seam together where the edges meet.
To create a resist, start by drawing a heart on construction paper with a No. 2 pencil, then cut it out with scissors.
Tape the paper heart to the outside of a mason jar.
Using a sponge or sponge-tip brush, coat the outside of the mason jar in paint that’s on a disposable plate. Let dry 1–2 hours.
When dry, peel away the heart to reveal the paint resist.
To create a frosted effect, roll a piece of parchment paper and place it inside the mason jar. Use your fingers to fit it to the inside of your jar.
Fill mason jar with battery-operated string lights.
Add twine or ribbon around the rim of your jar and display!