- Crayola Elaborate Escapes Colouring Pages
- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Blunt Tip Scissors
- Crayola Coloured Pencils
- Crayola No-Run Washable School Glue
- Crayola Paint Brushes
- Upcycled Tin Can
- Liquid Measuring Cup
- Mason Jar with Lid
CIY Staff Tips:
- Be careful of any uneven edges on the tin can! Adult assistance required.
- Save any leftover glue mixture for future decoupage art projects!
Pick a colouring page from the colouring book. Turn page to landscape format. With pencil, mark tin can height on colouring page. Cut along line using scissors.
Colour and shade colouring page with coloured pencils.
Create glue mixture by adding equal parts water and glue in a mason jar. Twist on lid and shake until well combined.
Use paint brush to apply glue mixture to the entirety of the non-coloured side of the colouring page. Wrap glue-side of colouring page around tin can, then apply more glue mixture to the seam and overtop the colouring page.
Dry 2 hours, then fill with pencils, pens, paint brushes, and supplies.