- Crayola Construction Paper
- Crayola Scissors
- Crayola Glue Stick
- Rainbow Paper Chain Mural Colour Instructions
- Crayola No. 2 Pencil
- Crayola Washable Paint
- Crayola Paint Brush
- Wooden Dowel
CIY Staff Tips:
- Download or print detailed Rainbow Paper Chain Mural Colour Instructions.
- For added flair, cut slits in construction paper feathers.
- For added security, use a hot glue gun to secure arrow elements to wooden dowel. Adult assistance required.
Cut out 24 red, 28 orange, 20 yellow, 16 green, 28 blue, and 28 purple construction paper strips measuring approximately 6”H x 2”W.
Add glue to end of red paper strip. Roll paper to create loop.
Add glue to end of orange paper strip. Place orange strip through red loop and roll to create interconnected loops.
Download or print Rainbow Paper Chain Mural Colour Instructions (see Supplies or CIY Staff Tips). Repeat step 3 for colour sequences outlined in instructions to complete paper chains.
Sketch and cut out construction paper arrow points and feathers in various colours. Layer and glue to secure.
Cover wooden dowel with paint. Dry 1–2 hours. Add second coat. Dry 1–2 hours.
Line up paper chains side by side. Feed wooden dowel through top loops of each chain.
Glue arrow points and feathers to ends of wooden dowel. Dry 15–30 minutes.
Hang your creation to add a rainbow to any room!
Décor & Accessories